What a colorful kaleidoscope of humanity from around the globe – unique but unified persons sharing in Spirit with Jesus – our true Minister of the Sanctuary – in his ongoing worship of the Father.
Following is my random list of memorable moments and blessings from the wonderful week. Your own comments and memorable moments are most welcome!
• Memorable call to worship – tie between Because of Your Love by Paul Baloche, and “You Are Good” by Israel Houghton
• Favorite traditional hymn – the Christie Nockels version of Praise to the Lord, the Almighty with the Hallelujah sections
• Sermon by Dan Rogers
• Being invited by Ross Jutsum to share a few words during his worship workshops to comment about singing and praying as it were, through the lips of Jesus—our risen and ascended High Priest and Mediator.
• Favorite reflective song – tie between “All Who Are Thirsty” by B. Brown and G. Robertson, and “Grace Flows Down” by Bell, Giglio and Padgett
• The Elmer Colyer story about giving away those $10 bills to the local church scoundrel during a sermon about grace
• Favorite hallway conversation with a theologian – Gary Deddo
• Seeing prayers from three years ago answered as Marianne Dobritch joined Higher Ground to sing “Elation” that she and Steven wrote for teen ministry
• Song request – “Power of Your Love” for GCI President, Joseph Tkatch
• The hole in Ed Stetzer’s shoe
• Most comments on a song – Where to find a recording of “I Will Not Be Shaken” by Tommy Walker (with the “Holy, Holy, Holy” section). It's from his latest CD, Overflow
• Favorite meal with a theologian – dinner with John McKenna
• Favorite comment from the band – Buddy (lead guitar) after being complimented on a great instrumental solo, quoted Thelonious Monk -- “You should hear what I MEANT to play!”
• Hugs, handshakes, tears and laughter with many hundreds of the brethren during every day of the conference
• Favorite song of sending – “All Things” (Romans 11:33-36) sung to the top of our lungs following communion in the last service